Open AI Ushers in New Era: Assistant API, Poetry, Streamlit & Config Function
- Open AI has announced the Assistant API
- This does not mean data science is ending, rather, it is ushering in a new era where AI can be used to enhance data science
- The API includes capabilities such as persistent threads and improved function calls
- POetry is used to manage packages and dependencies, and Streamlit is used to craft UI
- A config function was written to set up configurations for the user, allowing them to select an assistant or create a new one.
New Virtual Assistant Application Enhances User Experience
- The code creates an application which allows the user to create, update and interact with a virtual assistant
- A function was created to delete files and add additional options for uploading files
- An error was identified and fixed along with adding logic into the existing assistance, creating a file uploader, calling an API to update the assistant, and appending the file ID to the session state
- A while loop was created which will stop when the status of run in session state is completed, allowing messages from the threads to be printed out in the app.
GPT-Powered Application: An Analysis of its Capabilities
- The application powered by GPT can render messages in a chatbot format, present charts, and create beautiful visualizations
- It can access and analyze data files with ease
- The app is capable of complex analysis and making predictions
- A model was run which showed potential, despite being slow to respond
- KM’s clustering was used to group the data into five clusters
- There is much more this app can do.