EBays 20-Year Revolution: From $74B in Goods to Alleged Harassment of Online News Site Editors
- EBay launched the e-commerce revolution 20 years ago
- 134 million users sold $74 billion dollars worth of goods in 2022
- A scandal was hinted at in an annual Financial disclosure, concerning the stalking and harassment of the editor and publisher of an online newsletter by eBay employees
- Ina and David Steiner, married for over 30 years and running an online news website called E-Commerce Bites, were terrorized through email signups, Twitter messages, and packages containing disturbing items such as a pig fetus mask from the movie Saw
- Natick police detective John Haswell discovered that Veronica Zay, an eBay employee, had been following David in a rental van
- Ina and David were shocked to learn that it was an eBay employee behind their terror.
EBay Insiders Guilty in Stalking of Middle-Aged Couple, Investigation Ongoing
- EBay employees and contractors targeted a middle-aged couple due to negative coverage
- The attack was allegedly initiated by eBay Executives and coordinated through the company’s Safety and Security Unit
- Jim Baugh was sentenced to five years in prison, while Veronica Zay received a year of Home Confinement and probation
- Seven people pled guilty to stalking or cyber stalking charges
- EBay has not been charged with any crimes
- The current U.S attorney has said the investigation into eBay is ongoing.