PS5 System Software Update Brings Range of New Features and Improvements
- The March 2023 firmware update of the PS5 system software has added a range of new changes, features and improvements
- Variable Refresh Rate is now supported for 1440p resolution and more compatible displays, Discord functionality has been expanded with the ability to transfer calls over to the console from PC or mobile, voice commands are available for capturing gameplay, Game Hub Pages have been redesigned and Trophies now appear as a module beneath the activity and play game buttons
- Voice chat cards appear on the PS5, game session cards now show players using PlayStation Mobile app, VR filters have been added to game library, cross-play functionality has been improved with joinable games option for party members that are playing something and data transfer process supports PS5 to PS5 consoles
- Courtesy checks for save data in the cloud are made when launching a PS4 game without local storage, online multiplayer sessions can be set in the Save Data & Game App Settings, double-width Kanji characters are supported in Japanese keyboards and screen reader function gives more detailed explanation.
Sonys Latest Update Enhances Game Hubs with Card System and Hint System Features
- Game Hubs can now use a card system to display a developer supplied image in fullscreen and have the ‘Play Game’ button act as a cold boot
- A hint system has been expanded to show objectives and provide more detailed video/text hints
- It is possible for developers to support game help, which is relabeled as single player activities card, serving the same purpose
- Sony hides some features in their changelog that may be missed.