Tech Titans Issue Warning: Giant AI Experiments Pose Profound Risk to Society
- Elon Musk and other major tech leaders are calling for a pause on giant artificial intelligence experiments due to their potential risks
- Steve Wozniak, Andrew Yang, and other notable figures have signed the open letter
- They want a six-month moratorium on advancements in AI
- Concerns that AI systems with human competitive intelligence can pose profound risk to society
- Society has previously hit pause on technologies with potentially catastrophic effects
- Experts are worried as the technology is running faster than humans can run
- Creators of the technology themselves are scared about what it could become.