Tech Giants Unveil Innovations and Changes, US Government Creates Cyber Security Mark, as Privacy Concerns Emerge
- Meta has unveiled Lama 2Electric Boogaloo, a large language model pre-trained on two trillion tokens and further trained on over 1 million human annotations
- Intel is reviving its Nook Mini PC brand with a licensing deal that allows Asus to manufacture Nook systems
- The US government is creating a Cyber Trust Mark for smart devices that meet elevated cyber security standards
- Reddit is deleting chat history older than January 1st of this year and making cosmetic changes, while Amazon is facing privacy concerns from delivery driver cameras
- Google is disabling internet access for more than 2500 employees.
U.S Military Email Leakage Risks Nuclear Codes: Google Begins Pilot Program
- U.S military emails have been leaked due to an incorrect domain extension
- A Dutch contractor managing the Mali domain has contacted U.S officials with sensitive Military Intelligence
- Google is piloting a program where employees can opt in or out of access to their websites
- There is a risk of nuclear codes being sent to the wrong address if someone with top secret clearance misses a key
- Google should select a random sample of their workforce for the pilot.