Apple, Tesla, Microsoft, Meta and Amazon: Tech Giants Make Major Changes
- Apple is reportedly testing out a new AI chatbot called Apple GPT
- Tesla has started production on their Cyber Truck and plans to have the first cars ready by the end of this year
- Microsoft will not raise employee salaries for 2023
- Meta has announced promotions will become harder to get and less frequent
- Amazon One technology will enable customers to pay with their palms at Whole Foods locations.
Apple and Other Tech Companies Oppose UKs Proposed Data Storage Amendments
- Apple is opposing the UK’s proposed amendments to the IPA, which enables data storage for 12 months and allows for bulk collection of personal data
- Apple believes this would force them to tell the Home Office of any changes to product security features before they are released, provide a backdoor end-to-end encryption, and be ready to disable or block a feature from the Home Office
- Other companies such as WhatsApp and Signal are also opposing this
- If passed, Apple would threaten to remove services such as FaceTime and iMessage from the UK rather than weaken their product security
- Many people are curious about what will become of this situation.