Introduction to C++ Programming:
- Bjorn created C++, an extension of the c language, in 1979 at AT&T Bell Laboratories in New Jersey, USA
- C++ is a general purpose programming language that supports multiple paradigms and is a superset of the c language
- It is not purely object-oriented, but it does support object-oriented programming concepts such as inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation and polymorphism
- C++ can be used for system programming (such as operating systems and drivers), high level programming (such as creating compilers and interpreters), game development and desktop applications.
Introduction to C++:
- C++ is a middle-level language used for both low-level and high-level applications
- It is an object oriented programming language that follows the principles of OOPs
- The name C++ comes from the increment operator in C
- It is a compiled language and requires a compiler to convert code into machine code
- The latest version of C++ is 20 released in 2020 and the next version, 23, will be released in 2023.