The Power of Boron: Essential Mineral Linked to Osteoporosis, Heart Problems, and More
- Boron is essential for the integrity and function of cell walls and the way signals are transmitted across membranes
- It is distributed throughout the body with highest concentration in parathyroid glands, bones, and dental enamel
- It regulates absorption and metabolism of calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus through influence on parathyroid glands
- Deficiency can lead to osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, tooth decay, calcification of soft tissues, arteriosclerosis, kidney stones
- Affects metabolism of steroid hormones especially sex hormones
- Anti-tumor properties have been reported
- Improves heart problems, vision, psoriasis balance memory and cognition.