Explore the Possibilities of Android and iOS Development
- Android and iOS development both offer successful career paths
- Android has a low cost of entry, while iOS requires a Mac or PC running the Mac OS
- Native development is more recommended than cross-platform technology
- Google and Apple offer free courses to start learning development for each platform, as well as books
- Hands-on experience is the best way to learn.
Landing Your Dream Mobile Dev Job: How to Successfully Navigate the Process
- In order to land a mobile dev job, it is important to learn the basics of Git
- Build a portfolio on GitHub or create a website showcasing apps built
- Become familiar with architectural and user interface best practices
- Create a resume that lists portfolio projects, skills acquired and link to portfolio
- Apply for every single job in the field
- And spend six months working on personal projects, creating a resume and applying for jobs.