Climbing to New Heights: Exploring the Different Types of Rock Climbing and Safety Measures
- Rock climbing is an intimidating yet rewarding activity
- It can be done in various ways, such as free soloing, aid climbing, traditional climbing, bouldering and ice climbing
- These activities vary greatly in their levels of risk
- Safety equipment such as helmets, harnesses and ropes should be used to help prevent injury
- Advanced climbers train all of their fingers while beginners focus on grip strength
- Campusing is a technique which involves using only hands and upper body to climb a route.
Exploring the Costs and Benefits of a Rock Climbing Lifestyle
- When rock climbing, one must remember to file down their nails to avoid damaging them
- Dress appropriately to fit in with the other climbers
- There is a cost associated with being a lifelong climber
- And injuries can be solved using climbing tape.