Local Auto GPT Brings New Capabilities to Chatbots
- Someone recently created Auto GPT, a version of chat GPT which can do things that chat GPT cannot and which runs locally on the user’s computer
- It has internet access and can output found information in text format, as well as come up with ongoing prompts for itself
- It also has access to a world of plugins not available in web-based or online versions
- Installation requires downloading Docker depending on the type of computer, creating an OpenAI account and API key, and setting up billing
Configuring Auto GPT: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Creating a folder and text file and copying necessary code
- Downloading the latest version of Auto GPT from Github and extracting it to the documents folder
- Show hidden files to find the dotenv.template document in the main Auto GPT folder and configure it.
Visual Studio: Easily Unlock Hidden Files on Mac & PC
- A popular app for coding called Visual Studio can be used to download, unzip, and install from a Mac or PC
- Visual Studio then allows the user to open hidden files, as opposed to manually searching through the terminal
- From here, the user has to create a copy of “dotenv.template” and name it “.env”
- After this they have to add their API key into the .env file, and change certain parameters (such as removing a hashtag) if they are on a Mac
- Finally they can save the document and run the Auto GPT using a command line inside of Docker.
Exploring Auto GPT: A Comprehensive Guide to Building a Business
- The video demonstrates how to use Auto GPT in order to build a business
- It explains that there is plug-in support and the cost for using the API is minimal
- It also mentions two other options, Agent GPT and God mode, and explains the differences between them
- Finally, it offers resources organized below the video to help viewers understand how to use Auto GPT.