Uncovering the Benefits of Government Contracting for Your Business
- Government contracting is a great opportunity for businesses
- To get started, create a target list of 3-5 prospects and find your first customer
- Research past contracts to find the right customer for you
- Free tools such as FPDS.gov, USASpending.gov, and SAM.gov can help build your prospect list and research contracts
- These websites provide information about the agencies that buy what you sell, how much they spend, when they buy, and how often they issue contracts.
Exploring Strategies to Secure Future Contracts
- Researching potential upcoming contracts is possible by checking out federal agency procurement forecasts on acquisition.gov
- Identifying competitors can help identify potential teaming partners
- Monitor FPDS data and spend a week or two to determine 3-5 prospects to target for contracts in order to focus energy.