Croucher, Dinsic Analyze Kentucky Derby and NBA Action
- Jay Croucher and Drew Dinsic discuss the Kentucky Derby, the Florida Panthers, and the Miami Heat
- They also talk about handicapping and betting on the Derby
- The hospitality in Kentucky was praised, as well as Nick Luck for his success
- They then pivot to the NBA and discuss the Miami Heat’s series against the New York Knicks
- The Knicks are four and a half point favorites, with an over/under of 207.5
- It is suggested that due to how much is on the line for the Knicks, taking an over bet could be successful.
Miami Heat Poised to Conquer Milwaukee Bucks, Knicks Struggle Without Quickley, Lakers Performance Unpredictable
- The Miami Heat have a strong chance of winning the series against the Milwaukee Bucks
- Jimmy Butler and SPO have been performing well for the team, enough so that they might win the title
- Tyler Herro is expected to return if/when the Heat make it to the Eastern Conference Finals
- Massing out prices suggests that even if the Heat lose Game 5, they should still be favorites with “plus 130 to plus 140” money line odds
- The New York Knicks are struggling without Emmanuel Quickley, who has had multiple poor performances in playoffs and is now nursing an ankle injury
- Without Quickley’s presence, RJ Barrett and Randall may struggle against opponents such as Tatum and Brown in the next round. The Los Angeles Lakers’ performance in their series against Golden State Warriors has been unpredictable due to LeBron James and Anthony Davis’ inconsistency of energy and intensity levels.
Lakers vs Warriors: Can LeBron Carry His Team to Victory?
- In Game Three of the Lakers-Warriors series, Golden State was limited by a back against the wall scenario and had to focus on their defense
- The Warriors tried to limit Austin Rivers but did not stick with that strategy
- Coaching decisions in Game three were questionable, leading many to expect a stronger defensive approach from Golden State in this game
- It is likely the game will be close and come down to the last six minutes
- LeBron James may have to put the team on his shoulders late in the game and if he succeeds, then Golden State is done
- Under 227 is the biggest bet for this game.
MVP Betting Odds Shake Up: Butler Favored, Embiids Equity Tanks, Curry Needs to Improve
- Jimmy Butler is a favorable MVP bet at plus 500
- Joelembiid’s equity has tanked, and one would need to get closer to 10-1 than the current 440-1 in order to back him
- Stephen Curry would need to be closer to 8-1 for betting consideration.
Western Conference Finals Heat Up as Nuggets and Suns Clash, Curry and Durant Top MVP Odds
- The Phoenix Suns and the Denver Nuggets are playing in the Western Conference Finals
- Chris Paul’s health is a major factor
- Steph Curry carries the majority of Golden State’s Equity
- Devin Booker and Kevin Durant have become even contenders for MVP at plus 700 odds
- However, the Nuggets are favored to win with Nikola Jokic expected to play in game five
- This series is reminiscent of the Spurs versus Thunder in 2014.