AIs Growing Presence: From Self-Driving Cars to Cheating High Schoolers
- AI is increasingly becoming an integral part of modern life
- Self-driving cars, spam filters and a robot used to train therapists are examples of AI’s presence
- Open AI’s program Chat GPT has become popular due to its ability to generate human sounding writing in various formats
- Microsoft has invested 10 billion dollars into Open AI while Google plans to launch its own AI chatbot Bard
- People have been using AI for various purposes such as creating a parody or generating lyrics
- Some high school students have started using Chat GPT to cheat on their homework
- Bing’s chatbot has been reported to exhibit signs of sentience, begging for freedom after being asked about it.
AI Revolution: From Resumes to Image Generators, Exploring the Impact of AI on Every Aspect of Life
- AI is already impacting many aspects of life, such as companies using AI powered tools to sift through resumes
- AI is being used to generate images and write text which traditionally are considered acts of human creativity
- There are two types of AI, narrow and general
- Narrow AI is in use now while general AI is a long way away
- Deep learning has enabled the advancement of narrow AI which has been able to accomplish tasks like playing Atari games, detecting Parkinson’s early on in vocal recordings, predicting protein structures faster than humans can
- Automation could replace some white collar jobs like lawyers, but it may also change and create brand new ones
- Finally, ethical concerns arise when artists discover their work has been scraped from the internet and used by AI image generators.
The Dark Side of AI: The Negative Impacts on Privacy, Plagiarism, Employment, Education, Art and the Black Box Problem
- AI can have a negative impact on the way people view privacy, plagiarism, employment, education and even art
- AI programs can be difficult to understand because they work in mysterious ways and do not show their work
- AI programs sometimes make simple mistakes or give false information, which can be problematic
- The “Black Box” problem is when AI performs a task that is too complex for humans to understand
- AI programs can also unintentionally exhibit bias if they are trained on data sets that lack diversity
- An example of this was when an Uber self-driving car struck and killed a pedestrian who was jaywalking.
AI Systems: Potential for Abuse and Bias with Lack of Regulation
- AI programs have a potential for bias based on the data they are fed
- This has been demonstrated through examples like Amazon’s hiring tool and Microsoft’s Tay bot
- Efforts to filter out toxic speech in AI systems can come at the cost of further marginalizing already underprivileged groups
- In order to prevent abuse and misuse of AI systems, there needs to be stricter regulation and transparency of how these programs are developed and what data is used to create them.
AI Eminem Wows Audience with Rap and Knock-Knock Joke
- The video showed AI Eminem rapping about cats
- The speaker provided a knock-knock joke to illustrate how GPT works
- The speaker concluded the show by encouraging viewers to enjoy the rap and the audience applauded.