Deepfake Technology: Metaphysics Artificial Content Raises Concerns of Misuse
- Chris and his team at Metaphysic specialize in creating artificially generated content that looks and feels exactly like reality
- Chris showed an example of a fake Tom Cruise video that had a billion views on social media
- They can do this with live video and voices, as well as different languages
- Chris is worried about the potential misuse of the technology, such as manipulated video and pornography
- Despite shutting down their company, the problem of deepfake videos will still exist as the technology is out of anyone’s control.
Exploring the Impact of AI Technology in Society
- AI technology is allowing for increased entertainment possibilities
- Emotional connections are formed with photorealistic content
- Educational enhancement is possible with a single teacher speaking multiple languages
- Family relationships can be enhanced or hindered by this technology
- Data ownership and control must be claimed in order to prevent misuse of AI recordings.