The Complexity and Necessity of Relationships
- Relationships require wearing rose-colored glasses to see the beauty in our partner
- Contempt is a predictor of splits and erodes relationships
- Attraction to others is normal, but marriage is choosing one person’s flaws over another
- Humans are fundamentally flawed and have unique flaws
- Relationships require figuring out how two people can fit together despite differences in upbringing, values, etc.
- The benefits and strengths of a partner must make the differences worth it or they are deal breakers.