Facebook Struggles to Compete in AI Race
- Facebook is playing catch-up in the AI field
- They recruited a leading edge researcher and set up an effort to tackle AI from an academic perspective, but failed to make products with their research
- CEO Mark Zuckerberg recently made AI a priority and set up a group specifically for generative AI
- They are exploring ways to use AI in their services such as chatbots and creating content, but have yet to release anything consumer level
- Other companies are also competing for talent in the AI field, making it difficult for Facebook.