The Impact of 9/11: The Story of Soldiers Who Served in a War Zone
- Soldiers joined the army in response to the 9/11 attacks
- They experienced life in a war zone, including combat, confusion about their mission, and moments of fear
- The lack of opportunities for young people from rural areas was a motivator for some to join
- Soldiers dealt with IEDs and other dangers while deployed
- Civilians responded differently to soldiers, ranging from appreciation to hostility
- The physical and mental toll of war became apparent upon returning home.
Reflections of War: One Veterans Story
- The speaker reflects on his military service and the difficulties associated with it, including the emotional trauma of having to fight for a cause he disagreed with
- The emotional trauma of having lost fellow soldiers in war
- How this experience changed him from feeling invincible and young to feeling old and grown up
- The current state of political affairs in the United States and Iraq
- And how his brother’s death has affected him.