Google Unveils Wave of AI-Powered Products and Services
- Google had their made with Google event, announcing Google Bard as a personal AI assistant
- Chromebook plus was announced with more performance and AI capabilities
- Pixel phone has new AI image editing features like Magic Eraser and Best Take
- Adobe has Project Stardust for object aware editing
- Canva adds image to video and text to video powered by Runway
- Meta’s EMU AI art generator created an issue with cartoon images of children holding guns.
AI Innovation Hits Watermarking, Wearables, and Recruiting Tools
- AI watermarks have been tested and broken
- Meta is trying to develop a new watermarking tool called stable signature that is open source and may not be effective against sophisticated attackers
- AI wearables were featured at Paris Fashion Week, with Humane’s AI pin and Rewind’s pendant being the highlights
- LinkedIn is introducing an AI-assisted recruiting tool and a learn with AI feature that will allow users to ask questions about tasks and get feedback.
AI Advances: Apple, Meta and Bing Make Moves in Generative AI Space
- Apple’s Tim Cook confirmed that they are researching generative AI
- The rise of deep fakes is a serious problem for social media platforms
- Mr Beast was part of a deep fake scam which highlights the seriousness of the issue
- Ark Browser announced AI features for their browser such as tidy tab titles and Tidy downloads, and Ask on page
- Meta is adding generative AI features to their ad platform, as well as an AI assistant to various mobile messenger platforms such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger
- Bing Chat introduced Dolly which allows users to generate images.
AI Revolutionizing YouTube: YouTubers Embrace New Tools
- AI is becoming a popular tool among YouTubers, with SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son predicting AI will surpass human intelligence by 2030 and Jamie Diamond of JP Morgan predicting a 3.5 day work week as a result
- Vision and Dolly 3 are being integrated into chat GP4 to create more powerful AI
- The Vid Summit conference focused heavily on AI, with many YouTubers embracing it in their workflows
- Future Tools offers a free newsletter that summarizes the latest news and tools related to AI.