Apple, Adobe Make Major Product and Platform Advances
- This week, Apple held their annual Wanderlost event and announced updates to their products such as the iPhone Pro now being able to film in 3D
- Adobe released new features for Premiere Pro and After Effects, including a Speech Enhancer and Text-based Editing
- Adobe’s Firefly Suite is now out of Beta
- Adobe Stock contributors whose content was used to train the first commercial Firefly model will receive a bonus starting in 2024
- Wirestock is a platform where users can submit their stock photography and AI generated images to be redistributed across platforms.
AI Art Revolution: New Image Generation Model, Improved Performance, Custom Camera Control
- AI art is becoming more advanced
- A new Fast effusion image generation model called first chin was released on hugging face this week
- Mid-Journey is continuing to develop version 6 which will have improved performance over version 5 and also include 3D and video features
- Leonardo AI’s upcoming storyboards feature has been previewed, which allows users to create multiple scenes from a prompt and generate a storyboard, comic or film
- Runway has added custom camera control to Gen 2 which allows users to move the camera horizontally, vertically, zoom in or roll while changing the speed.
Roblox, Pika Labs, and Stability AI Introduce New Tech Features
- Roblox announced v0 by versel, a user interface designer which takes prompts to create user interfaces
- Pika Labs and Runway Gen 2 released similar features using camera parameters such as zooming and panning
- Stability AI released Stable Audio, a tool which takes a prompt and creates a song.
AI Revolution Reshaping Technology, Copyright Law, and Online Shopping
- AI is gaining traction in the technology industry
- OpenAI is facing lawsuits from authors over copyright claims
- Competitors to GPT such as Character AI are seeing increased usage on mobile phones
- EBay is using AI to make listing items faster
- Amazon requires authors to disclose use of AI in Kindle books.
AI Regulation Discussed in Private Senate Forum: Musk Reports Majority Support
- AI is becoming increasingly important in health care, with AI being used to diagnose diseases, detect eye diseases and risk of Parkinson’s from retinal images, and even help design the flavor of a limited edition Coke Zero
- Amazon is taking steps to ensure that books generated by AI are not factually inaccurate, and are placing warnings on some books
- Leaders in the AI world met with the US Senate in a private closed door forum to discuss how AI should be regulated
- Elon Musk stated that almost all those present were in favor of some form of regulation.
Wire Stock Sponsors AI Technology Update Despite Lack of Hype
- AI technology is still making advances
- The speaker is excited to share news about it, even if people are not hyped about it as before
- The video was sponsored by Wire Stock and the speaker appreciates having that support to keep making videos.