Biden Visits Maui, Tropical Storm Leaves Trail of Destruction, Trumps Bond Set at $200K Ahead of Debate
- President Biden visited Maui to view the devastation caused by the deadliest wildfire in US history, where 114 deaths and 800 unaccounted people are reported
- President Biden met with victims and thanked First Responders for their efforts
- Tropical Storm Hillary left a trail of destruction in California, including mudslides, floods, and a rapid rainfall that caused emergency lines to temporarily go down
- Donald Trump’s bond was set at $200,000 before his surrender on Friday
- Ahead of this week’s first GOP Presidential debate, a new poll revealed key battlegrounds.
Washington Residents Trapped by Mud, Thousands Evacuate in Georgia Fires, Trump Accused of Election Overturn Attempts, Gulf of Mexico Tropical Storm Ahead, and Iowa Caucus Polls Favor Former President Trump
- Crews are working to free homeowners from the mud in Washington State
- Firefighters are battling a series of large wildfires forcing the evacuation of thousands and destroying hundreds of properties in Georgia
- Former President Trump is accused of trying to overturn the 2020 election results and is barred from intimidating or making threats against co-defendants, witnesses or the community
- The Gulf of Mexico depression is expected to strengthen into a tropical storm, leading up to five inches of rain and flash flooding
- Former President Trump holds a commanding lead among potential Iowa caucus goers.
Flesh-Eating Bacteria and Runway Safety: Urgent FDA, FAA Action Needed
- The FDA has approved a vaccine from Pfizer to protect pregnant women and their babies from RSV for six months
- A monoclonal antibody has been approved for RSV in babies and children
- New vaccines are expected to be authorized soon for Covid-19 and the flu
- Five people have died from vibrio, a flesh-eating bacteria found in warm brackish waters
- The FAA is ordering urgent Runway safety meetings after a surge in close calls between planes on the ground and in the air
- Nearly 1700 runway incursions occurred last year, with 985 so far this year up 33%.