Trudeaus Censorship Plan: Isolationism and Punishment for Hate Speech
- David Creighton from Human Events discussed how Trudeau government is attempting to censor the Canadian people by passing a series of bills
- Bill C-18, also known as the Internet Extortion Act, would force social media to pay Canadian news outlets for running their stories
- Bill C-11, or the Online Streaming Act, requires all independent news providers to adhere to Canadian content regulations
- This obsession with Canadian content has been going on for decades and will result in Canadians becoming isolated from the rest of the world and only having access to Liberal Party approved media
- Lastly, Trudeau’s plan is to make what he calls “hate speech” and “misinformation/disinformation” illegal or subject to massive fines through the Online Safety Act.
Trudeau Government Moves to Limit Free Speech in Canada, Raising Concerns of Censorship
- In this video, it is discussed how the Trudeau government is introducing legislation to limit free speech in Canada
- This legislation would label certain news or information as hate speech or disinformation and could potentially shut down independent journalists and content creators
- It is argued that this process goes against 500 years of British, Canadian, American jurisprudence and freedom of speech, which was hard fought for
- It is also suggested that media platforms are already censoring and blocking content with a conservative slant in the United States, as well as in Canada.