Uncovering the Easiest Ways to Translate Figma to CSS with a Special Discount
- This video discusses two ways to accurately translate Figma values, such as white space and font size, into CSS. The first way is to use a plugin that does the calculations for you
- The second way is a CSS override. Additionally, the video promotes DesignCourse’s UI/UX course, provides viewers with a coupon code for 22% off at checkout, and demonstrates an example of how to use these methods with a simple design.
How to Easily Convert Fonts, Margins and Padding from Pixel to m Units
- Browsers use 1 rem unit as the default font size, which is usually 16 pixels
- When using Figma plugins, the base font size is 16 pixels by default, though it can be increased or decreased
- To calculate m versus rem units in relation to a font size, simply multiply the font size in pixels by 2
- 62.5% of the font size will make converting easier since it will make the font size 10 pixels, allowing for easier math calculations
- Margin and padding can also be converted from pixels to m units with simple math calculations
- Lastly, heights can similarly be calculated by dividing the pixel value by 16.