Revolutionizing Pipe Robot Technology: Japans 2022 Robocon Competition Revolutionizing Engineering and Power Transmission
- The world needs technology and engineering to build a better future
- Research and development of a pipe inspection robot was conducted based on power transmission technology, engineering philosophy, and spherical gear abenakusu
- The robot is propelled by cilia, has elastic cilia on its body and a rotating horn on its head
- It can move freely within pipes of various diameters
- It uses angular momentum to thrust forward, climb vertically with vibration of its cilia, and steer at corners or t-junctions
- This technique was proven to be applied to large diameter pipes in the pipe robocon competition in Japan in 2022
- The robot also has a camera on its horn for practical applications.