Competition Arises: Metas New App Threads Challenges Elon Musk and Twitter
- Elon Musk and Twitter are facing competition from meta’s new app, Threads
- Meta is launching Threads as a way to give users more stuff to do and keep them around longer
- Meta has a long history of copying competitors’ apps and features, such as Instagram stories, Reels, and Messenger
- Threads will be launched through Instagram, which reduces the effort needed for users to sign up
- Though it doesn’t mean Twitter will die overnight, it does mean that if an issue arises or Elon says something people don’t like, they have a real alternative in Threads
- This could lead to a decrease in advertising revenue for Twitter
- Advertisers will go where the users are.