From Novice to Professional: A Coders Journey of Learning and Applying
- The video describes the journey of learning to code
- He then learned C# through a Head First C# book and built two projects in it
- After nine or ten months of learning he applied for jobs and got an interview from which he landed his first job
- Now, he recommends starting with one high quality learning resource that requires engagement
- Building simpler applications before moving on to more complex ones is encouraged
- As you are learning your second programming language, start applying for jobs.
A Guide to Learning and Achieving Your Dream Job in Code
- Learning to code takes a lot of time and practice
- Waiting to apply for jobs can be a mistake
- Interview preparation is essential, but practice is needed to get comfortable with it
- Hacker rank problems can help build programming muscles
- Mentorship and guidance is available for those learning on their own.