The Power of Listening to Our Inner Wisdom: How Our Decisions Lead to Success or Failure in Life
- People are wired to protect themselves from uncomfortable, difficult, or scary experiences
- We all have a habit of hesitating which sends a stress signal to our brain that can magnify risk and pull us away from our goals
- Our decisions throughout the day lead to either success or failure in life
- It is important to learn how to recognize when your intentions are kicking in and act quickly on them
- We must develop the skill of listening to our inner wisdom to make meaningful changes in life.
A Journey to Self-Success: Outsmarting Our Brains and Rejecting Self-Doubt
- Realizing the answer is within us
- Interrupting habit loops and awakening the prefrontal cortex with a 5-second decision
- Outsmarting our own brains in pursuit of a higher purpose
- Rejecting self-doubt and allowing ourselves to be uncomfortable and uncertain
- Practicing metacognition, starting rituals and triggers to help build new habits
- Accepting our flaws, weaknesses and wiring to become successful.
Celebrated Figures Put Trust in Themselves Despite Self-Doubt
- The two-second rule is important for everyone
- Self-doubt is a struggle for all, even those we admire, such as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Michelangelo and Lin-Manuel Miranda
- The same is true of Oprah Winfrey, Tom, Richard Branson, Jay-Z, Bill Gates and many others
- These people do not hesitate but trust in themselves.