Fusing Human Brain Cells with A.I.: Australian Scientists Receive Military Grant for Synthetic Biology Project
- Scientists in Australia have been granted a military grant to fuse human brain cells with A.I.
- An A.I. expert and professor at Duke University is involved
- This project merges artificial intelligence and synthetic biology, creating programmable, biological computing platforms
- The main goals of the project are to create better hardware and for A.I. systems to behave more like humans
- The project involves both computer chips that mimic how a human brain operates, as well as actual biological cells
- Seven companies (Amazon, Google, Meta, Microsoft, OpenAI) are working on safety codes in relation to the project due to outdated regulations in the U.S.