US Launches Airstrikes in Syria, Trump Under Investigation, Severe Storms Threaten 30 Million, Biden & Trudeau Announce Immigration Deal, Paltrow Testifying in Utah Trial, AI Technology Reading Minds
- The US launched airstrikes in Syria in response to a drone attack that killed an American contractor and wounded five US troops
- The Manhattan District Attorney investigating Donald Trump after a threatening letter containing white powder was sent to his office
- Severe storms with potential tornados are threatening 30 million people across several states in the South and Southeast
- President Biden and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced a major immigration deal
- Gwyneth Paltrow is testifying at a Utah trial over a skiing accident
- AI Technology is rapidly developing, allowing it to “read minds”.
Destructive Tornadoes, Flash Flooding Ravage Little Rock While Gwyneth Paltrow Testifies in Utah Court and Milwaukee Faces Snowstorm
- A line of storms recently went through the Little Rock area with a high risk of tornadoes, potentially one or two strong tornadoes that could be destructive and deadly
- Flash flooding is also occurring in Little Rock and parts of Northern Arkansas
- Gwyneth Paltrow is taking the stand in a Utah courtroom over accusations that she crashed into another skier, causing him permanent brain damage and other serious injuries
- Terry Sanderson, the victim of the accident, is asking for at least $300,000
- Meanwhile, there are reports of an eight-inch snowstorm in Milwaukee
- Utah is passing legislation to limit social media usage among children and teenagers by requiring age verification and parental access to accounts.
Ascending to the Skies: African American Pilot Bessie Coleman an Inspiration Across Generations
- Bessie Coleman was the first African-American woman to earn a pilot’s license in the United States
- An asteroid, roughly the size of a skyscraper, is visible this weekend
- Artificial intelligence can be used to read people’s thoughts and create images using brain scans
- Scientists are attempting to decode and maybe even transmit thought using AI
- Duke Law Professor Nita Farahani worries about the commodification of brain data without privacy laws in place
- Nine-year-old Alex Williams was inspired by Bessie Coleman and presented with a commemorative coin and Barbie doll at FAA headquarters.
NBC News App Featured on Friday Night Broadcast, Receive Top Stories with Simple Download
- Students watched a news broadcast Friday night
- Lester Holt gave closing remarks
- Holt encouraged viewers to take care of themselves and others
- Viewers can follow today’s top stories through downloading the NBC News app.