GDP Growth and Facebook Reinstatement: A Closer Look at the Impact of Recent Events
- The LateShow host Stephen Colbert discussed the positive news that in the last quarter of 2022, the GDP increased 2.9%
- Facebook’s parent company meta said it will restore the former president’s Facebook and Instagram accounts despite him being banned for two years
- American consumer spending fueled this growth
- The former president is allowed to come back with guard rails in place to deter repeat offenses
- Meta is holding a stricter standard than your average Joe, and if the ex-president violates this standard he will be punished with just one strike
- George Santos was confronted by reporters about an illegal campaign contribution which he denied making any changes to.
George Santos Caught Red-Handed: Alleged Ponzi Scheme, Goodfellas Vibe, and Under-the-Table Deals
- George Santos was running for office while simultaneously working for an alleged Ponzi scheme
- He was reported to spend 199.99 everytime, with 8 reports from the same Italian restaurant in Queens
- One victim described the experience as being similar to Goodfellas and footage of George Santos entering that restaurant has been found
- Santos is already in trouble with the FEC for campaigns legally required to keep receipts for anything over 200 and his campaign repeatedly reporting expenses of exactly 199.99.