AI Revolutionized: Meta Connect Event Unveils Exciting New Technology
- AI technology is being integrated into the tools people use daily
- Chat GPT can now see, hear, and speak
- Chat GPT can understand queries and respond in different voices
- Meta has released their new Quest 3 and AI announcements at their annual Connect event, including an image generation model and the ability to browse the internet.
New AI Developments: Facebook, Instagram and Windows 11 Lead the Way
- Facebook Messenger, Instagram messenger, and WhatsApp released a custom sticker image generation model
- An image editing AI that can turn pictures into watercolor pictures and remove backgrounds was also released
- Llama 2 meta AI was introduced as a response to chat GPT, which will be able to communicate within the same platforms
- Ray-Ban smart sunglasses were announced with an AI built in that can answer questions and interpret signs
- Coda.io is a work assistant with AI features such as AI assistant, columns, block, and chat
- Windows 11 released an AI upgrade with the Co-Pilot Preview button.
AI Revolutionized This Week: Microsoft Edge, Amazon, Cloudflare, Snap, Spotify, Getty and Leonardo AI Make Moves
- This week Microsoft Edge gained AI features like being able to open apps, switch light and dark mode, and generate images with Dolly
- Amazon and anthropic partnered up with Amazon investing up to four billion dollars, Cloudflare launched a suite of AI tools and snap partnered with Microsoft for ads in its my AI chat bot
- Spotify announced they would clone podcast voices and translate them into other languages
- Getty released a new AI generator specifically for Getty Images, and Leonardo AI now allows users to use Laura’s or Low Rank Adaption models.
Revolutionary AI Tech Announced as Writers Guild Strike Comes to an End
- This week, Pika labs was released, allowing users to add text to their videos
- Genmo AI released Replay Effects, a cool Kaleidoscope effect
- Polycam announced Gaussian Splatting, which is a way of taking many pictures of a scene and turning them into 3D images
- The Writers Guild of America strike came to an end with Studios now allowed to train AI models on writer’s work
- And Tesla’s Optimus robot can sort objects autonomously while dealing with dynamic environments.
Lex Friedman and Mark Zuckerberg Discuss the Impact of AI on Employment Landscape
- Lex Friedman and Mark Zuckerberg had an intimate conversation in the metaverse
- They commented on how it felt like they were side by side
- The realism was incredible
- Lex mentioned how talking to a friend in New Zealand would be game changing with this technology
- 78% of companies report AI creating more jobs than it takes away
- New positions are opening up as a result of AI changes, allowing for humans to explore different roles.