Sony and Microsoft Strike Major Deal, UK Manages Microsoft Buyout, Nvidia Shrugs on RTX 4060 TI, AMD Teases RX 7800 & 7700 at Gamescom, Corsair Acquires from Drop & Chinese Govt Funds GPU Project
- Sony and Microsoft have signed a 10-year deal to keep Call of Duty on the PlayStation
- The UK is hosting a case management conference to try and get Microsoft’s buyout approved
- Nvidia will not be actively involved in the launch of the 16 gigabyte RTX 4060 TI, but other companies may not be interested either
- AMD could announce their RX 7800 and 7700 cards at Gamescom 2023 with a release in September
- Corsair has bought certain assets from Drop, while the Chinese government has funded a GPU startup project.
Smartphone Manufacturers Face Regulations, New Laser Fix Tech Brings Hope for Refurbishers
- Smartphone manufacturers will soon be required to make batteries user-replaceable
- Regulation also mandates that manufacturers get better at recycling and making phones out of recycled materials
- OLED screens can now be repaired with laser beams without disassembling the device
- Strange Parts released a video demonstrating the laser fix
- This tech could be a huge boon to phone refurbishers.