Meta, Wix, and Tesla Introduce Innovative AI Technologies
- Meta announced a new image model called Chameleon
- Chameleon is capable of text to image, text guided image editing, text tasks, segmentation to image
- Elon Musk gave more information on his new AI startup XAI which will collaborate with Tesla on silicon and software fronts
- Wix introduced AI into their platform which allows users to generate entire websites with conversations.
Microsoft and Meta Partner to Release Open Source Llama 2, Terms of Agreement Raising Questions
- Microsoft and meta have partnered to release llama 2, an open source competitor to chat GPT
- Microsoft has provided cloud computing for open AI as part of their 10 billion dollar investment
- They now have exclusive partnerships with the top large language models, priority access to NVIDIA GPUs, and strategic assets like GitHub and Azure
- Terms in the license agreement may make it less open source than it seems, but most users should not be affected
- Llama 2 can currently be used on huggingface.com
- A paper suggests that chat GPT is getting worse at math-based questions over time, however Rob Lennon argues this is not a useful way to test a language model.
AI Technology Revolutionizing the News and Entertainment Industries
- AI language models are becoming more accurate and have been given more limits for usage
- Google is testing an AI tool to help journalists write news articles
- OpenAI is partnering with the American journalism project to support local news
- Fable Studios created an entire South Park episode generated completely by AI
- People are speculating that soon, we’ll be able to type prompts and generate entire TV shows or movies using AI.
AI Companies Face Legal Challenges Amidst Growing AI Technology Use
- Apple is testing a chat GPT like AI chat bot
- Authors are suing AI companies for stealing copyrighted material and using it as part of their training data
- Superhuman is an email platform that helps you manage your email and just rolled out new AI features
- U.S judge found flaws in the artist’s lawsuits against the AI companies due to lack of substantial similarity between images created by the artist and the AI systems.
Exploring the Creative Side of Technology: AI Transforming 2D Images into 3D Depth Maps
- Technology can be helpful in creating artwork
- GitHub now has a chat assistant to help with coding
- Illumine AI offers a feature which transforms 2D images into 3D depth maps, allowing users to manipulate them.