Auto GPT Aims to Democratize Access to AI Technology
- Auto GPT is a AI agent that uses an LLM as it’s brain
- Codium and Auto GPT hosted a workshop and hackathon with co-founder and CEO Itamar, and Tauren, the inventor of Auto GPT, discussing the upcoming update
- The goal is to democratize access to AI technology so everyone can benefit equally
- They are developing a web interface, desktop application, mobile integrations and plugins for abilities
- Tauren expects it to be more autonomous than GPT-3
- Challenges arise when Auto GPT has difficulty solving tasks or makes silly decisions which can be solved through challenge driven development.
Exploring the Benefits of Auto GPT to Improve Productivity and Self-Improvement
- Tauren believes in creating an Auto GPT version that can help with productivity and individual ability
- Self-improvement is a part of his philosophy where the code base keeps improving
- He proposes making prompt engineering easier, for example, by enabling Auto GPT to build a vegan cookbook without having to craft complex strings of prompts
- The question of whether people will use Auto GPT if it becomes easier to use is being posed.