How to Win on YouTube in 2021: Uncovering the Secrets of Brand Loyalty and Positioning
- Being unique is more powerful than being the best
- Having a good name is key to good positioning
- The name should be memorable and related to the topic you want to be known for
- Never upload videos subscribers didn’t subscribe for
- It’s better to narrow focus of expertise rather than being a jack of all trades generalist
- Six questions every entrepreneur and YouTube Creator needs to answer if they want to win on YouTube this year
- Changing minds is difficult, easier to work with what’s already there
- Viewers brains filter out most brands encountered
- Even when discovered, people don’t remember or build brand loyalty
- Positioning is about working with what’s already in the mind of the viewer, not just differentiating yourself
- Coke has been number one and will probably stay that way but there’s opportunity for other high positions.
How to Outperform the Market Leader: Strategies for Standing Out from Competition
- Position yourself against the market leader
- Find a unique angle to stand out from the competition
- Be the alternative to the market leader
- Reposition the competition to make your product stand out
- Establish a mental ladder of competitors and rank them accordingly.
Unveiling Your Brand: Uncovering the Best Strategies for Market Success
- Have you identified the competitors
- Have you ranked the competitors
- Be aware of who are the top musicians people are listening to
- How is your product different from the competitors
- What can you learn from them
- What is the power of your name (most important marketing decision)
- Avoid line extension
- Get clear on what your brand promises.
Positioning Your YouTube Channel: Strategies for Standing Out in a Crowded Marketplace
- YouTube channel positioning is important
- Understanding where you stand on the ladder and how to get on it is essential
- Anchor your product or service to what’s already known by the customer
- Relate your concept to existing ideas
- Tell customers what they already know to get heard
- Amplify differences and be okay with those that don’t resonate with you.
Positioning a YouTube Channel: Strategies to Establish a Unique Specialty and Outgun Competitors
- Positioning a YouTube channel requires narrowing the focus of expertise and establishing a unique position as a specialist
- Define your position taking into account who owns it, who you want to outgun, and what resources you have
- Money is not necessarily required, but patience and persistence are necessary to build share of mind
- Through intelligent strategy assess strengths and weaknesses with respect to competitors.
The Power of Positioning: A Guide to Outlasting Competition and Rising Above the Noise
- Do not quit
- Stick to the same positioning strategy, only switch up tactics
- Consistently post to YouTube over a long period of time to outlast competition and rise above noise level
- Positioning is cumulative
- Name change/Line Extension weakens the basic position.
Positioning is the Cornerstone of Successful Strategy
- Positioning is key for success
- Understand the position you want to own
- Outgun competitors and have sufficient resources
- Stick with the focus and simplify, don’t overcomplicate plans
- Match your position with your visuals and approach
- Creative alone isn’t enough, it must be subordinated to the positioning.