Psychedelics in Silicon Valley: The Rise of Drug Use Among Tech Founders and Entrepreneurs
- Elon Musk and Sergey Brin have been vocal about their use of psychedelics
- Founders Fund, an investment firm, has thrown parties that include psychedelics
- There has been an increase in interest and use of psychedelics in Silicon Valley businesses
- Michael Pollan’s book and Netflix series “have caught a lot of people’s attention”
- There is a large body of research into the medical benefits of psychedelics as well as a lot of money going into the psychedelic industry
- Drug use is accepted in some cases but not others, with one CEO being terminated for violating company policy after admitting to using LSD.