Demo: Learn How to Use Kong Developer Portal with Motif
- In this video, Matt and Mosif demonstrate how to use the Kong developer portal to create developer accounts, generate keys, and link those keys to usage over in Motif
- They also explain the prerequisites of having a running instance of Kong with an endpoint and route created, key auth enabled for endpoints, an active Stripe account and Motif account as well as having the Kong Mosif plugin configured
- Finally, they show you how to write code to create a Stripe customer, assign the Stripe customer ID and return that.
Seamless Synchronization Through Stripe and Motif
- Creating a Stripe customer to enable a synchronous fashion
- Creating a Stripe subscription and applying the appropriate price key
- Creating a Motif user to link usage in Motif with that of Stripe.
Live Event Log Shows Successful API Calls Using Monetization.js in Kong Test Meter
- Monetization.js was added to the kong.auth.js file
- Matt Test was created as a user in the developer portal and subscribed to an API price
- An API key was generated and used successfully through Postman
- The usage of the API key was monitored in Kong usage
- The Live Event Log showed that subscriptions were being created, mainly for Matt Mosiff
- A billing meter was created for Kong test meter with Stripe, monetizing calls to the test service endpoint with event count to track usage metrics
- Usage from the past hour was monitored, showing successful calls from Postman.
Unified Monetization: Combining Kong, Mosif, and Stripe for Maximum Efficiency
- Stripe can be integrated with Mosif for billing
- Stripe will sync usage to Mosif and send web hooks back
- Stripe’s customer profiles will show the units used, which should match up with the metering in Motif
- The customer will receive a bill at the end of the billing cycle and can pay it through Stripe
- End-to-end monetization with Kong, Mosif, and Stripe is possible.