The Dos and Donts of Engraving Stainless Steel
- Engraving stainless steel is dependent on the depth and product used
- Different cutters have different purposes (ex. half round, quarter round)
- Half rounds are cheaper but do not last as long
- Setting up the depth correctly is important for quality engraving
- When engraving stainless steel, multiple passes should be done to avoid ruining the cutter and material
- If outside edges of engraving look like a child’s coloring book, it may be from going too deep too fast or incorrect setup
- Email or call for more specific setup advice.