Charles III Coronation: A Historical Event with a Global Audience
- King Charles III is set to be crowned
- The coronation is steeped in history, having its origins in the 973 coronation of King Edgar
- The ceremony will take place at Westminster Abbey and will feature the crown jewels
- For the first time, a global audience will be able to watch the ceremony live
- Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation was the first to be televised
- Modern touches include recycled paper invitations and an official emoji
- Charles has a challenge ahead of him as he must prove that the monarchy is still relevant to modern society
- Queen Elizabeth’s investiture ceremony of Charles when he was four years old was watched by 500 million people around the world
- His marriage to Princess Diana captivated the world but ended in divorce due to incompatibility and rumors of infidelity.
The Royal Family: A Look at Over 30 Years of Change
- Prince Charles was unpopular in his early role as Prince of Wales, due to the events surrounding Princess Diana
- He later married Camilla Parker Bowles, who had been portrayed negatively but has since been rehabilitated
- Charles has taken up advocacy for climate change, showing a better fit for modern Britain than he did 30-40 years ago
- Queen Elizabeth II passed away recently and Charles is expected to take the throne soon with his sons Prince William and Prince George likely succeeding him
- Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte and Prince George have been in the public eye from birth, attending engagements and Royal tours with their parents
- They are growing up quickly, offering glimpses into their lives through milestones and more.
Prince Harry and Williams Relationship to be Tested at Coronation of King Charles
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s attendance for the coronation of King Charles is confirmed
- Prince William and Harry’s relationship was once thought to be one of the strongest in the Royal family, but it has been strained since the death of the Queen
- Harry in his memoir called William his beloved brother and arch nemesis
- The coronation could be an important turning point for Harry’s relationship with the rest of the Royal family
- Prince Harry’s attendance is a brief visit and he will not stay for other events surrounding the coronation, such as a concert or lunch
- There have been no conversations between Harry and William leading up to this point.
The Countdown to King Charles IIIs Coronation: US Excited to Experience History, Opportunity for Celebration
- This video discussed the upcoming coronation of King Charles III
- People from the US expressed their excitement to experience the historical event over television, and the symbolism behind the colors, flowers, animals, and silhouettes
- The coronation brings an opportunity for celebration
- People can live vicariously through those with a charmed life
- One person wore purple and a crown and was mentioned to be named Charles or Chaz
- NBC will have live coverage on Saturday May 6th.