The AI Debate: Navigating a Global Framework for Adoption and Education
- AI adoption is a balance between the traditional European UK approach and US approach
- Regulation should not be overbearing and should not disallow open source movement
- Global rules are needed for Super Intelligence
- Dialogue happening amongst nations to create a global framework for AI
- Students should use chat GPT to enhance their education rather than cheat.
AI as a Service: Open AIs Strategy to Make Models Smarter and Cheaper
- Open AI has a business model of creating intelligence as a service, which gets smarter and cheaper the more it is used
- Open AI’s strategy to make the platform successful is to make better models and listen to users’ needs
- Regarding life on Mars, Open AI will not be helping create sustainable life there, but they are happy for others who may try.
Exploring the Possibilities of AI Technology and Space Travel in a Changing World
- Humans are not ready to travel to Mars in its current form
- Richard Branson has pulled out of space competition
- AI systems can be made alignable and controllable with safety systems
- Even though there is potential for good and bad outcomes from AI technology, the world is likely to surprise us on the upside
- Growth and new technology are important in order for democracies to remain stable.