Google and AI AMD Push Boundaries of Artificial Intelligence
- Google Deepmind released Tappy, a project to independently track any point in a video
- Google Brain Team works on unprecedented photo realism and deep level of language understanding called Imogen
- China’s Baidu claims that their Ernie Bot has beaten Chat GPT on key tests in the race for AI development
- Google announced Virtual Try-On feature, allowing users to see how clothes fit on different body shapes and sizes
- Google also announced updates to its search generative experience, giving AI generated responses rather than single search queries
- AI AMD released a new AI chip specialized.
Tech Giants Compete in AI Race: AMDs New Chip, Nvidias h100 GPUs, and UN Summit with Robots
- AMD released a chip designed to be used for generative AI
- Nvidia has the Lions Share of the graphics card market, but AMD’s new chip may attract interest from big cloud providers such as Amazon or Microsoft
- Generative AI has allowed for faster drug discovery to occur in a fraction of the time and cost compared to traditional methods
- Nvidia’s h100 GPUs have set a new standard for generative AI
- MetaAI demonstrated a robot that could take natural language commands and avoid collisions with humans
- The UN is set to host a summit on AI where tech gurus will discuss with 50 plus robots
- OpenAI and Microsoft have been sued for alleged Chachi BT privacy violations.
Microsoft and Open AI Sued Over Unpaid Image Creators, Drag & GPT-4 Push Language Model Limits
- Open AI and Microsoft are being sued for not paying the creators of images used in their AI platform
- Drag is a software which users are able to manipulate images as if they were 3D models
- Extending context window of large language models allows them to process larger volumes of texts
- GPT-4 already has an implemented 32,000 context window length.