Revolutionary AI: Autonomous Cars and Robots Set To Transform Our World
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is advancing rapidly, with self-driving cars, drones and androids already making an impact
- AI can learn from experience like humans do, but it must be programmed to make decisions on the fly
- Scientists at Carnegie Mellon University are working to develop self-driving cars and robots which can navigate their environment autonomously
- Machine learning allows computers to rewrite their own programming based on interactions with the world, becoming smarter on their own
- Robots like R1R2 have been designed for search and rescue missions in dangerous environments, navigating without a map.
Robots Unveil New Technologies to Explore Unexplored Environments
- Robots are using a variety of technologies, such as light detection and ranging (Lidar) and wireless networks, to explore unknown or unexplored spaces
- Steve Willitz shows how an R2 robot can detect a person in a search and rescue scenario by creating a map with data sent back to home base
- Jason Darinik of XN Technologies is working on an autonomous drone that can fly itself and map its environment as it goes
- Vijay Kumar at the University of Pennsylvania is developing technologies for swarms of drones to perform tasks cooperatively.
AI-Driven Robots Revolutionize Drones, Agriculture, and Job Creation!
- Vijay’s apprentice Dinesh Takur is demonstrating how drones can use visual tags to reference their position in space and work together as a collective entity
- AI driven robots are being developed to help with precision agriculture, protect the environment, boost food supply and assist with pollination
- Future robots will be able to autonomously coordinate flock movements, deploy at the first sight of an oil spill or map much faster than single drones
- Artificial Intelligence is expected to create jobs instead of replace human labor
- Julie Shaw is leading research on how machines can learn from humans by becoming immersed in an environment and observing tasks done by humans
- The robot was taught by ankit shah to set a table by demonstrating it and then observing it for two weeks
- The robot software has learned what each object is and is dynamically thinking about where each item should go.
Robotics Revolutionize Factory Productivity with Human-Machine Cooperation and Artificial Consciousness
- Robotics have come a long way in terms of artificial intelligence, from being able to make predictions to having the ability to anticipate human actions
- Abby is an industrial robot that can work safely with a human partner in a factory
- Artificial Intelligence has developed so far as to enable robots to coordinate and work together with humans, creating increased productivity and accuracy
- Dr. Hod Lipson believes machines can be sentient, which requires the development of robotic consciousness
- To build an image of its physical self inside its computer mind, robots need proprioception, the same self-awareness humans gain at around one year old.
Harvard Researchers Push Boundaries of AI to Create Hyper-Realistic Avatars
- The video is about research into creating AI robots with an internal model of the world that allows them to understand their movements and location in space
- Barbara Gross of Harvard University pioneered natural language processing which enables machines to understand humans
- AI is currently focused on narrow tasks but researchers are training AI with human conversations so that it can understand context
- How Lee’s company Pinscreen is developing AI algorithms to create hyper-realistic digital avatars
- Creating believable faces is one of the hardest things to bring to the virtual world.
Exploring the Ethical Implications of AI-Driven Technology
- AI technology can be used to create virtual living beings and superimpose faces onto them in real time
- Realbotics is developing Androids with friendly faces that people may feel comfortable with
- AI chat bots are able to have natural conversations, detect emotions, and provide companionship
- Drones are a potential threat with their ability to be weaponized
- There are ethical considerations for the use of AI-driven technology, such as privacy concerns.
The Benefits of Technology: Unlocking Human Potential and Positively Impacting Daily Life
- Technology has the potential to provide tools that can augment intelligence, make better decisions and give better insights about the world
- Robots will eventually exceed human capability in a certain amount of time
- Computers can be programmed to carry out one’s vision
- And this technology has the potential to positively affect daily life if used correctly.