Tech Giants Make Major AI Advances: Zoom Rebrands, Google Rolls Out Features, OpenAI Integrates Canva
- X updated terms of service to include ability to train data on AI
- Speculation that Elon is merging two companies to use trained data from Twitter in XAI platform
- Zoom rebranded Zoom IQ as Zoom AI companion, users can ask questions and reference past conversations
- Google also rolling out similar features with Google Duet
- Falcon 180b open-sourced, largest publicly available large language model, outperforming Google’s Palm on benchmarking tests
- Anthropic Cloud released Pro Plan for 20$/month with 5x usage than free tier, priority access during high traffic periods and early access to new features
- OpenAI introduced Canva plugin for Chat GPT Plus subscribers.
AI Revolution: A Look into the Latest AI Innovations
- AI is being used in a variety of ways, from prompting templates on Canva to hosting conferences and generating unique scripts for YouTube videos
- Cohesive offers an all-in-one text generation platform, image generation platform, and even text-to-speech with realistic voices
- Ghost Rider is using AI to create music and offer royalties to Travis Scott and 21 Savage
- Sunno’s Chirp tool can generate entire songs with background music given an idea.
AI Art Resurgence – Sunno Chirp, Mid Journey Updates, and More!
- AI art is gaining traction
- Sunno has released Chirp v.1 in Discord which features the ability to generate lyrics from a genre of choice
- Mid Journey is due to release v.5.3 with new aesthetics and the ability for full-image inpainting
- Artists have signed an open letter supporting generative AI
- Microsoft Paint is testing background removal capabilities.
Apple and AI: The Growing Battle for Dominance
- AI is a growing field, with big players like Microsoft, Google and Elon Musk
- Apple is reportedly investing heavily in AI research and development, including a visual intelligence unit to generate images and multimodal AI capable of recognizing images, text and video
- Open AI was co-founded by Elon Musk in 2015 to compete with Google’s dominance in the AI world
- Yan laon argues that it’s important for AI models to be open sourced so that they can improve faster
- Mustafa siman believes the world will see a “redistribution of power” due to the proliferation of technology enabled by AI.
Exploring AIs Influential Faces: Elon Musk, Yan Lianke and More
- AI is evolving rapidly and can be broken down into three different thought processes
- Innovators, shapers and thinkers
- Time Magazine’s top 100 most influential people in AI had four categories, including innovators, shapers, thinkers and creators
- The list includes Elon Musk, Yan Lianke, Mustafa Suleman and others
- Some interesting omissions include Ahmad Muftak from Stability AI and creators who are pointing people in the direction of innovation
- Robert Scoble, Rowan Chung and Ben Tossel are among those trying to inform the public about AI.