Making Batch Operations Easier with Firebase Firestore
- Firebase batch comment allows users to commit batches of operations at the same time
- Firebase firestore is necessary as it provides a global variable to access from anywhere
- Using Firebase’s set function, one can create a collection, document and fields for that document
- One example given is creating a quiz paper collection and a user email ID document with sub collections and documents
- Committing batches of operations is easy, simply by getting the Firebase firestore instance, creating a batch object and calling the set method.
Checklist for Document Preparation: What to Know Before You Begin
- 1. Ensure that at least one document is available
- 2. Specify the fields required for that particular document.