Exciting Advances in AI and Computer Graphics at Siggraph & AI4 in Las Vegas
- This week, two giant conferences occurred concurrently: Siggraph (covering research and advancements in computer graphics) and AI4 in Las Vegas
- At Siggraph, Jensen Huang’s keynote addressed the generative AI era with announcements from Nvidia such as the GH200 Grace Hopper Super Chip, AI Workbench, a partnership with Hugging Face, Omniverse Cloud APIs, and Chat USD
- At AI4, Jeremiah reported on the trends and issues discussed surrounding AI.
Mastercard Leads Process to Develop Responsible AI, Panel Discusses Ethics of AI at Siggraph, Mid-journey Updates Office Hours and Version 5.3 Release, Wirestock Launches New Discord Bot
- Mastercard shared a process with a focus on outcomes to develop responsible AI
- 9 out of 10 of the AI leaders were men, calling for more female involvement
- At Siggraph, there was a panel about the ethics of AI and it was very popular
- Mid-journey held their weekly office hours and version 5.3 might be released soon with inpainting and aesthetic in Discord
- Mid-journey is working on a front-end website for both desktop and mobile use, as well as video functionality
- Wirestock is a tool for uploading images to stock photo websites, and recently launched a Discord bot to help with easy upscaling.
Google, Zoom, OpenAI and ChatGPT Roll Out AI Updates
- Google released an AI powered grammar checker
- Zoom updated their terms of service to state they can use customer content for machine learning, but have since clarified it will only be done with permission
- OpenAI has launched a web-crawler called GPT bot to constantly update their AI model
- ChatGPT has installed a custom instruction feature and gave users suggestion boxes.
Tech Companies Take Major Steps Towards AI Integration Amidst U.S-China Trade War
- The New York Times has updated their terms of service to prevent AI from scraping its content
- Anthropic launched an improved version of its entry level llm, Quad 2
- Amazon is reportedly testing generative AI tools for sellers
- The White House has ordered a ban on certain U.S tech investments in China, including artificial intelligence systems
- And a company in New Zealand created a meal planning bot that recommended poison bread sandwiches and mosquito repellent roast potatoes.
A Unique Artificial Conference with RunwayML Updates and Wire Stock Sponsorship – Join the Future Tools Free Newsletter
- Artificial Conference
- RunwayML updates including the ability to extend videos to a maximum of 16 seconds from one image
- Wire Stock sponsors the video
- Join the Future Tools free newsletter for weekly news from AI space.