Malaysia: A Booming Investment Hotspot Despite Stagnant Real Estate Prices
- Malaysia is a great place to live with a high quality of life per dollar spent
- Real estate prices in Malaysia have remained stagnant since 1997, despite the fact that prices in other countries have increased
- China recently announced an investment of 38 billion US dollars into Malaysia which could potentially increase real estate prices
- Malaysia has many benefits such as a mix of cultures and convenient access to markets in Asia
- However, there has been overbuilding of new projects leading to excess supply and difficulty selling units.
Malaysia: Need for Open Immigration and Investment to Stimulate Real Estate Market
- Malaysia’s government has been inconsistent in their trade policies and needs to make it easier for people to relocate
- Investment is needed to increase Real Estate prices, with increased Chinese money being a possible factor
- Chinese investors have faced anti-Chinese policies leading to money flowing elsewhere
- Although there are concerns of Peak consumption in China, other countries are closing off foreign buyers
- Dubai is seeing money flow in due to their less restrictive economic policies
- Malaysia will need an influx of people and more open immigration policies to create demand for Real Estate, causing prices to rise.