Russian Mutiny Revealed: Kremlin Denies Reports of Rebellion Led by Evgeny Pregozian
- Evgeny Pregozian reportedly planned to detain the Chiefs of Russia’s armed forces in a rebellion
- The Wall Street Journal and the New York Times have reported that high-ranking Russian generals had advanced knowledge of the plans
- Kremlin denies all claims
- Constantine Eggert, Russia Analyst, believes these reports are credible though there is an information war going on
- General Sergey Sorovicin allegedly arrested by FSB after delivering unconvincing plea to Wagner mercenaries
- Nikolai Petrov believes Pregosian was backed by top-ranked military and law enforcement officials
- Struggle between groups for how to continue war with those in favor of escalation benefiting most from Mutiny
- Olaf Schultz believes Putin has become weaker.
Belarus Coup Marks End of Wagner Group, Former Members to Join Defense Ministry
- Nikolai Petrov from the German Institute for international and security Affairs believes that the attempted coup in Belarus will be the end of Wagner Group’s involvement in the war in Ukraine
- Former members of the group will sign contracts with the Ministry of Defense and become part of it, instead of a separate unit
- This unit won’t be as effective as Wagner Group used to be.