14 Year Old CEO Shares Incredible Story of Successful Business Venture
- Ethan is the host of the StartupSavant podcast and today’s guest is Andy Choi
- At 14 years old, Andy started his own company to bridge the gap between non-profits and individuals seeking to make a difference in the world
- Andy shared his story of starting a business at such a young age which involved going door to door with a pitch and eventually grew to 21 kids, expanding into two cities, and making $2,000 per day in revenue
- He learned about business through this venture by getting a license, understanding politics, learning how to talk to people, developing people skills, setting quotas for workers and collecting donations.
Do Good Points: Empowering the Next Generation of Do-Gooders
- Do Good Points is a loyalty program for doing good without having to spend money
- It consists of a 501 (c) 3 Foundation as well as a startup tech company
- The foundation’s mission is Return on Giving while the company focuses on activating and empowering the next generation of do-gooders
- Its business model includes data collection, marketing, and aggregating technology resources and data to provide services for non-profits.
Yelp for Non-Profits Seeks to Engage Younger Generations, Raises $320K and Activates 500 Creators
- The platform is a Yelp for non-profits
- Creators for good is a program that uses influencers to promote causes and has so far reached 8 million people, raised $320,000, activated 500 creators, fundraised for 120 non-profits
- The target market is 25-40 year olds and 18-24 year olds
- The average donor in the US today is 65 years old.
How Technology is Helping Younger Generations Give Back and Create Positive Change
- Digital donations have increased significantly but still only account for 16% of total donations on a good day
- Companies must target personas based on stages such as people already doing good, newly interested in doing good, and activists
- Younger generations understand the importance of causes and do not have trust barriers, but technology can make the process easier
- Technology helps to simplify the process while making it engaging through loyalty and gamification.
Tech Startup Utilizes Research and Technology to Do Good – CEO Has No Prior Familiarity with Modern Gaming and Streaming
- Do Good Points is a tech startup focusing on social impact
- The team applied best practices from the tech industry to the sector and utilized research specialists, outside resources, and surveys to develop features that prioritize doing good
- The target market is reached through non-profit conferences, social media platforms, loyalty programs, retailers, twitch gaming and streaming platforms
- Do Good Points CEO had no prior familiarity with modern gaming and streaming.
Reinventing Your Impact: Exploring the Benefits of Effective Altruism
- Effective altruism is about making the most impact with resources given
- It is the idea that one should use available time, money and attention in the best possible way to make a positive change
- The framework starts with asking why and then looking for paths of least resistance to get to that why
- This involves identifying strengths rather than focusing on weaknesses and asking quality questions which will lead to discovering problems.
Entrepreneurs Embark on Journey of Responsibility and Leadership for Optimal Success
- Entrepreneurship presents the surprise of responsibility for others
- A Founder’s job is to minimize problems and find solutions, as well as to be a leader and serve their team
- Learning how to Empower and enable the team to do their best is key
- Meditating and being part of CEO groups can help with personal growth and success in business objectives.
Andy Troy of Do Good Points: Exploring Non-Profit Impact & Technologys Role
- Andy Troy of Do Good Points talks about the non-profit space and how technology can further its mission
- He encourages entrepreneurs to start with their “why” and stay true to it
- He recommends that brands amplify their corporate responsibility by partnering with do good points or other non-profit organizations
- Connect with Andy on LinkedIn and reach out to him at email@example.com.