Pacific Tensions Running High as China Expands its Reach
- China is attempting to assert its power and influence in the Pacific, particularly with regards to Taiwan
- President Xi has ordered his military to be ready to invade Taiwan by 2027
- The US has vowed to send military forces to help defend the island
- War games have simulated a possible Chinese invasion of Taiwan in 2026 and suggest that only US intervention would prevent its fall
- China’s outward expansionism is destabilizing the region and while Taiwan has modern weapons systems they lack the range of capabilities necessary for a successful defense
- US-Taiwan relations have come out of the shadows and President Biden has repeatedly vowed to defend Taiwan if attacked
- War games show any victory over China would come at great cost, with hundreds of aircraft, two aircraft carriers and up to two dozen other ships lost, as well as thousands of American soldiers.
Alarming Times: Rogue Province, Japan-Taiwan Treaty, and the Perils of Political Weakness
- The National Consciousness is concerned over a rogue province
- Traditional allies since WWII, there is a treaty with Japan to stage military troops on Japanese Islands should there be an invasion from China to Taiwan
- The President has committed them to do this so it is time for us to wake up to internal divisions and politics that may encourage this kind of behavior
- The perception of weakness politically could lead other nations taking advantage of our freedoms
- These are interesting times, a reminder we should stand by Democracy and the freedoms we hold so dearly.