This Week in Tech: Twitter Rebrand, Aliens, AI Commitment, OpenAI Changes, Emotional AI and More
- This week in the tech world Twitter rebranded to X, leading many to be confused
- Aliens potentially exist according to findings from a news Nation interview
- Leading AI companies voluntarily committed to practice safe AI as outlined by the White House website and announced by each company’s respective blog
- Open AI’s head of trust and safety, Dave Willner, stepped down from their company
- OpenAI released Free Willy, a large instruction fine-tuned model inspired by an Orca paper
- Lastly, Jeffrey Hinton made the claim that he thinks AI systems will eventually have emotions
- RunwayML announced that with Gen 2 users can now use image prompts to generate videos.
AI Video Tools and Chat GPT Revolutionize Communication Platforms
- AI video tools introduced this week include Gen2, which allows users to string together multiple four second videos
- Kyber’s text to animation tool uses images as inspirational starting points
- Plasmapunk.com added the DXL and Kandinsky 2.2 models to its platform
- Microsoft’s Bing chat is now being tested for select Chrome and Safari users
- Open AI released an AI detector tool in January 2023, but due to low accuracy it was shut down
- Chat GPT is now available on Android devices.
AI Revolution: OpenAI GPT App Now Available, World Coins Distinguish Humans, Spotify Patents AI Speech Synthesis System, Netflix Offers $900K For AI Product Manager, Amazon AWS Summit Discusses Nvidia GPUs Training On Cloud Computers, News Corporations Near Suing Over Data Theft, Sdxl 1.0 Released with Photorealistic Images and Text Addition
- AI is rapidly developing
- OpenAI announced GPT chat app is now available in additional countries
- World Coin and orbs are used to distinguish humans from AI, and receive wld coins for being verified as a human
- Spotify filed a patent for AI powered speech synthesis system
- Netflix offers up to 900 thousand dollars for an AI product manager role
- Amazon AWS Summit discussed use of Nvidia GPUs to train models on Cloud computers, and announced agents for Amazon Bedrock
- News Corporations close to suing AI companies over data theft
- Sdxl 1.0 released with photorealistic images and ability to add text.
Revolutionary Technology: Futuretools Skirt Half Jean Shorts and Adobe Photoshop Beta Version Launch New Features
- In this video, the speaker discusses the new features of Futuretools’ skirt half jean shorts
- There has been a significant improvement in their images generated with sdxl 1.0 over previous versions
- Adobe Photoshop beta version has rolled out a new feature called expand which allows users to generate larger images
- Howard Pinsky demonstrated pulling a video into Photoshop and generating expanded borders for it which could be used in Tick Tock or real-sized videos
- Finally, the speaker recommends checking out Futuretools.io for latest AI news and Cool Tools as well as joining the free newsletter for weekly updates on AI technology and tools.